Posted by wife and mom of add
on January 18, 2000 at 10:56:37:
In Reply to: Reply to Rena posted by Mike on January 17, 2000 at 17:21:18:
Dear Rena: Just the fact that you recognize your ADD is a significan acomplishment-Bravo!
1. Even non-ADD Mom's feel your frustration - part of your stress is natural for Mom's of
small children - join the club!
2. If you are able, hire someone to do jobs
that cause you the most frustration or guilt-
Have someone clean bathrooms or mop kitchen floor
and do laundry - then it will be taken care of and won't be a constant reminder of what you perceive as failure to be organized - And don't
feel guilty-everyone need's help of some kind.
3. Make sure you are getting enough sleep-
Again, hire a neighborhood teen to watch your children while you take a nap or go to bed early
and let the sitter put the kids to bed.
4. It helps my teenager to have a large calendar posted right by the fridge with reminders,
assignments, etc. It was always visible and
seemed to give him the assurance that his
responsibilities were "contained" and
5. It's O.K. to put your keys in the freezer-
Have plenty of extra sets on hand and don't
let it get to you! Everybody does it at one
time or another.