Posted by p-latex@juno .com
on May 05, 2000 at 23:21:58:
In Reply to: Fluorescent lights and newspaper print posted by Kathy on May 04, 2000 at 20:02:45:
: Does anyone out there have problems with an allergy to newspapers? I cannot read the paper for more than five minutes or I break out in a rash that burns and itches.
: Also, when exposed to fluorescent lights for awhile any exposed skin turns bright red (sometimes spotty) gets very hot to the touch and itches, severely at times. Appreciate any answers.
hi you are not alone- you could be allergic to mbt or colophony or laatex for latex you can have a rast test it is not always a acuated test- in my opion it only tells you you have a latex allergy if it is not server. if it is to the point it is past the point of return i call it it will show you do not have alatex allergy but then at this point the latex allergy is so sever you are now allergic to chemicals so a patch tesg called true test can be done . both will cause the same reaction. i am the only one i know that has been able to regain a great deal of my quality of life if you want to chat email me. there are a few this that are alternative treatments that can help . i was in you preditament for almost three years before i found help and my whold body was reacting as you have discribed. it was painful and cause a great deal more problem and from the medical fied i heard that i have never seen anything like this before. and would pass be along . so i had to take matters in my own hand and thank god because. it was the best thing i ever did.
good luck and e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org