Posted by Cindy
on June 18, 2000 at 01:15:52:
While taking a 7 day course of antibiotics, I developed sensitivities to things, first of all it was laundry detergent. If I had on anything that was washed with a laundry detergent, my nail beds would burn continually (fingers and toes). I would also feel shooting pain feelings in various places on my body, just beneath my skin, a little like I was being poked with a needle from the inside of my skin. As soon as I removed the article of clothing, those feelings disappeared. Well, it's been 1-1/2 years now and I'm now sensitive to many other chemicals. My medicine reference book (The Pill Book) mentions that the antibiotic I was on "can cause nervous system toxicity" - I've had all the immune tests run and all kinds of other tests - none of my internal organs or my immune system shows signs of damage or malfunction(according to the tests)... does anyone have any comments or possibly know of a homeopathic doctor in the Southern Calif area who might be able to help?