It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Message Board
THIS MESSAGE BOARD IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. TO SEE OUR ACTIVE MESSAGE BOARDS, PLEASE GO HERE





Message
Posted by Norma on June 29, 2000 at 05:51:34:

In Reply to: Re: Alcohol Allergy??????? posted by Dixie on February 19, 2000 at 11:48:37:

Hallo, I have the same problem, after a glass of wine or any other alcoholic drink, I turn red, my hands swell up and my skin starts to itch. I experience the same feeling when I eat raisins or drink grape juice. What exactly am I allergic too?
You should see my wedding pictures, I looked as if I ran a mile with weights on my legs, and that after one glass of sparkling wine.

Good luck to you all, hope we find an answer soon.
Greetings
Norma

: : Roy,

: I have had exactly the same problem for years. I am not a big drinker, but if we go out I have always gotten stuffed up and the splotchy red on face and neck when I have a beer. I never considered it an allergy, but maybe it is. So no, you are not the only one and I know other people who have the same reaction. I would say if anything maybe we are allergic to the yeast. But when I eat bread it doesn't happen.

: Good luck

: Whenever I drink alcohol,(particularly beer) I turn a splotchy red on my neck and chest. I also become stuffed up, like you would if you were somewhere with alot of pollen. Is this an allergy of some sort or am I the only one with this problem?? Any help you could offer would be appreciated. Thanks, Roy


Follow Ups

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:16 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!