Posted by Julie
on July 30, 2000 at 22:01:43:
In Reply to: Re: yellow dye allergy posted by Marsha on June 07, 2000 at 18:06:52:
: : I am allergic to yellow dye no. 6 which is found in many drugs and foods. I have had some severe reactions so I am very careful. I tried to research it with little success, but I remember reading that yellow dye no 5 is a common allergen. I think it is called tartrazine and is made from flower petals (maybe chrysanthemums-I don't really remember. Be sure you read labels and make sure that your pharmacist checks this if you have a problem with it.
: : I need some information about allergic reaction to yellow dye #5. Is there such a thing? Has anyone experienced it? What's the reaction?
what are some of the reactions you have had ? have you ever reacted to the dye with hives ?
my two year old had a yellow sugar free sucker last week and we are trying to determine if it caused the hives