It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Message Board
THIS MESSAGE BOARD IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. TO SEE OUR ACTIVE MESSAGE BOARDS, PLEASE GO HERE





Message
Posted by Cindy on July 31, 2000 at 04:25:35:

In Reply to: Re: yellow dye allergy posted by Julie on July 30, 2000 at 22:01:43:

: : : I am allergic to yellow dye no. 6 which is found in many drugs and foods. I have had some severe reactions so I am very careful. I tried to research it with little success, but I remember reading that yellow dye no 5 is a common allergen. I think it is called tartrazine and is made from flower petals (maybe chrysanthemums-I don't really remember. Be sure you read labels and make sure that your pharmacist checks this if you have a problem with it.
: : : I need some information about allergic reaction to yellow dye #5. Is there such a thing? Has anyone experienced it? What's the reaction?
: what are some of the reactions you have had ? have you ever reacted to the dye with hives ?
: my two year old had a yellow sugar free sucker last week and we are trying to determine if it caused the hives
: thanks, Julie


I have been allergic to yellow dye, which includes tartrazine for a few years now. your body reaches a saturation point and will respond with several types of reactions, including anaphalactic reactions that can be life threatining. Your daughter should be tested by an allergist "asap". She may also be or become allergic to salicylates eventually. I have posted some websites that can help with the "sals" under salicylates on the message board also. Let me know how it turns out for your daughter. All my best to her. Anyone have more info on either of these allergies?

Follow Ups

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:38 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!