Posted by LORIA
on October 03, 2000 at 19:38:50:
I've recently had a severe local reaction to a fire ant bite (there was only one bite) and it made my entire foot swell to three times its normal size. I was bit years ago with no major swelling. This time it had massive swelling. My doctor gave me an injection of epinephrine in case I ever got bit again b/c he said it could be life threatening. I was just wondering if anyone could explain the nature of allergies. I've never had an anaphylaxic reaction before but what makes my doctor think next time could really be bad?