Posted by Mandy
on October 06, 2000 at 10:08:04:
In Reply to: Brewer's yeast allergy/alcohol posted by Romayne on August 31, 2000 at 16:50:31:
A friend of mine has suddenly developed an allergy to all yeasts, and I'm sorry to say it, but all drinks resembling beer are definitely out. My friend has no reaction to spirits or wines. Beer can't compare to a good red wine, says my friend now. It would also help to avoid any foods which may contain yeast as it can build up to toxic levels causing quite bad allergic reactions.
Hope this helps.