It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Message Board
THIS MESSAGE BOARD IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. TO SEE OUR ACTIVE MESSAGE BOARDS, PLEASE GO HERE





Message
Posted by Sally on October 07, 2000 at 19:51:27:

In Reply to: aLcOhOl aLlErGiEs?!?!?! posted by Chelsea on October 01, 2000 at 00:15:07:

Hi Chelsea,
Sounds like you might be allergic to the sulfites that are used to preserve wine, beer and other beverages. They can cause terrible allergic reactions in some individuals. A friend of mine had a horrible allergic reaction one day after eating food from a salad bar that had sulfite preservatives on it (they also keep the salad greens & other veggies looking "fresh".) Anyway, this is certainly a strong possibility as many folks are allergic to sulfites. Until you can see a doctor and verify what is causing this reaction, beware of wine, wine coolers, beer, salad bars and some Chinese food (always ask if they use MSG -- a dangerous additive that brings out the flavor of the food but frequently causes allergic reactions.
Good luck!

Follow Ups

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:36 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.com™
Copyright and Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!