Posted by Elizabeth Mourant
on November 26, 2000 at 17:30:44:
In Reply to: Reaction to Ventless Gas Fireplace?? posted by Lynn on November 20, 2000 at 18:31:50:
: I have a nine year old child. She has frequent severe coughing attacks most usually during the night. Three years ago we went to see an Allergist. He recommended the inhaler. This does seem to help a little. I have noticed that the attacks seems to occur when our propane insert is being used the most. It is a ventless model and is "supposed" to be 100% safe. We have had our air quality checked and the technicians all say it is OK. But still I wonder. Has anybody else out there experienced any similar problems??
I don't know about the precise unit you are describing but I can tell you that even the gas from a gas stove gives me terrible migraines, and assorted allergic responses and I am an adult. Many "inhalants" (we breathe some gas) do reach us, even at micro levels. If you have doubts perhaps you should speak to someone in environmental medicine since people in the US can be a bit behind. I lived in London and they are very up to date on environmental problems there.