Posted by CJ
on December 18, 2000 at 17:05:35:
In Reply to: Lip Allergy Caused By Alcohol ?? posted by Mel on December 07, 2000 at 20:59:49:
: It seems that every time I have anything alcoholic to drink (even just one glass) my lips break out in a terrible dry itchy cracked rash somewhat like chapped lips. Usually appears within the hour after having the drink and lasts for a few days. This is something that only started happening within the past year. Could this be an allergic reaction to alcohol?
I was visiting this site in hopes to find out more about the very same lip allergy you mentioned. I do know that it is a type of yeast infection and I cannot drink beer AT ALL. I started drinking mixed drinks instead and the lip allergy went away - but now it's coming back again! I have a cream to put on my lips like chap stick that I got from a doctor - but I'm afraid I'm going to have to give up alcohol all together. If anyone has additional info - please let me know!