Posted by c hammon
on October 10, 1999 at 09:46:39:
A friend of mine has a son that is almost seven (7) years old. He is very active, and some would even say he is hyper.
My friend already this school year, was asked to come in and talk with the child's teacher and school principle. Their discussion
included an idea that he may or may not have an allergy to food dyes. Is this hyperness of a child a sympton of a food dye allergy? Or perhaps
is his diet of sugars, and sweetened cereals the main factor?
Would a process of elimination each week be a place to start? (ie... remove from his diet, all sugared cereals one week, and log the results if any, and
continue with another food or drink that may or may not have these food dyes.)