Posted by Rob E
on October 14, 1999 at 00:31:13:
Ever since a bad experience with alcohol a couple of years ago, i have been having very
strong reactions whenever i drink. Before this incident, i did have some kind of reaction to
alcohol, having a red face and increased heart beat. Now, i have the same symptoms, but
in addition if feel very ill to the stomach and have the need to regurgitate the alcohol. I do not
feel drunk at all during this experience, which occurs from as little as 1/2 a bottle of alcohol.
I am a male from an asian background, so i am aware that many other people like me have
a low tolerance to alcohol.
Have i developed a violent allergy to alcohol? Am i now intolerant of this substance now? Is
there any way for treatment of such an allergy/intolerance?