It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Message Board
THIS MESSAGE BOARD IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. TO SEE OUR ACTIVE MESSAGE BOARDS, PLEASE GO HERE





Message
Posted by Harry on January 08, 2000 at 01:48:26:

In Reply to: gas vs. electric burners for a stove and allergies posted by Dominique on January 07, 2000 at 23:58:48:


: Hi! My husband suffers from a host of allergies (mostly dust and mold) and he insists that we have electric burners for our stove top due to his allergies. I hate electric burners and want gas burners. Is it true that gas burners can agitate some allergies? I've never heard of this and want to get more info about it. Any info will help! Thanks

Hi---- Your husband is right burning gas in a home that does not have very good ventilation may cause many allergy problems.Many people can verify that.You would be burning hydrocarbons that produce all kind of FUMES that would aggravate your husband's Allergies and you just don't need to be exposed to more pollution.
I have a SPA on my back porch with a gas heater and there is no fire hazard but the porch is covered and open. The heater manufacturer insist I should pipe the gas fumes through the porch roof even though we heat the spa when no one is on the porch.So,I think you should use the electric stove.It may be somewhat slower but you won't expose your family to an already polluted home and world.You should thank your husband for his wisdom!! God Bless---Harry Huxford

Follow Ups

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:22 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!