Posted by Terri
on November 08, 2000 at 00:19:17:
I am a student in special education. I would like to create a parent brochure on communiction devices for a project as soon as possible. Your name and e-mail address will be kept confidential.
Please type NA for those questions which are not applicable:
1. Please briefly describe your child and his/her communication ability?
2. When did your child first begin using a communication device?
3. What are some strengths of the communication device?
4. What has been challenging about the use of the device for your child and yourself?
5. What were important factors that you took into account when deciding on the device?
6. What strategies would you recommend other parents use when trying to get their child to use the device at home?
7. What would you say to other parents who are contemplating whether or not their child should have a communication device?
8. How has the communication device changed your life? And your child’s life?
9. Does your child take the device out into the community? How is it useful? If you answered “no” to this question, what is the reason for this (e.g. is the device too cumbersome?