View Single Post
Old 06-13-2004, 07:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: help, I am new here

You know, one thing I found out(unfortunetly) after i had been denied the first time, is that when i requested all of the med records from all of my drs to see just what they had to go on, was that ssa did not get the same amount of pages of paperwork that i did.when i talked with the guy in the med records dept,in the hosp where I had had my surgery, he said that disability actually got five pages less than I did when i got mine.why?i have no idea.But it did make me realize that i really needed my lawyer to take a look at my file to find out just what they had in there.You might want to make sure of just what really is in your medical file.One big thing that i was told by the guy in med records is that unless you speciffically ask for certain things,like the drs clinic notes nursing reports and stuff like that, you will not get everything that is in your files.So who knows just what really is in your files?you might want to have your lawyer take a peek so you can make sure that disability has EVERYTHING that is availiable to them.Just thought i would pass this along. good luck to all.Marcia