View Single Post
Old 07-16-2003, 11:35 AM   #4

BionicSurfer HB User
Ummm where to start, where to start?
Spring of 2001 I started with left hip pain. That's understandable, I had just tiled 2 floors, gutted our kitchen (including the built in oven) and placed aprox 200 edging stones, all while my husband was out of town for a month. See what happens when I get bored. Hip left hip pain turned into left butt pain (kinda like sitting on a golfball) then right hip pain, lower back and left sciatic pain. Eventually I couldn't sleep, couldn't tolerate sitting or standing for more than a couple of minutes at a time. I had the first 10 minutes every morning that were tolerable...and the day got worse from there.
for the next year and a half I jumped through all of the hoops; PT, MANY injections (hips, back, SI joint) and I can't tell you how many different drugs.
Long story short dx'd with DDD and fractured discs at L4-L5, L5-S1 leaking fluid.
Surgery was nearly 6 hours long and I woke up the Bionic Woman!!!I was out from work for six weeks. I begged and pleaded to return after 4 weeks but was told NO. It took me probably another 6 weeks to build up to 99.9% of the physical parts of my job. (I'm a Systems Administrator and I still won't move monitors)

Don't get me wrong, this hasn't been a picnic in the park but everytime I get down I remember how I felt before and I'm back on track. No day is ever 100% pain free but most days it's pretty darn close.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be happy to help!