View Single Post
Old 07-30-2004, 04:16 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

NY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB User
Re: Symptoms of ...I don't know what...?

What about sensitivity to chemicals? I work in the custom cabinetry line. we have designers that design and sell them.
I just heard a story the other day by another desinger who works in a different showroom than mine, and she told me she's allergic to phermaldyhide(spelling?) I was curious how she found this out.
her reply was: when they order sample doors to show to their client what they're cabinets will look like with the type of color,style and glazes, plus drawer style, when the package is opened up you get a whiff of strong chemical smell. you can't help but breathe it in because your face is right near it. Well this womans face gets all flushed and other symtoms happen which I can't recall. I was shocked. when she went to P.A. to the factory where they give you a tour on how the place is run, they wouldn't let her sit in the room where the use the paints,stains and glazes. she had to go to a special room. Not even a mask would have prevented it.
this is frightening. I especially learned that different jobs, like working with wood, can cause certain types of lymphomas if one works with it for a long period of time.
Because of the chemicals.
Do you work with chemicals?
I don't know. It's just a thought. I take all suggestions. One never knows.
Hope you get an answer.