Thread: Divorce??
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 01:40 PM   #10
Veteran

letfayhol HB User
Re: Divorce??

Can't really anwer that one for ya...
I divorced at 26....Ugggggg
I couldn't take the drinking, lying and emotional abuse as well as occasional physical abuse...
I think that these people in their 40s THOUGHT that they had to stick it out no matter what and years later they relaize that "hey if it aint working it aint working so get out now"
Some of it is mid life crisis... They think life has more to offer, the grass is greener etc..
Some simply do grow apart... Especially if they got married young... It's said that people usually don't have a TRUE understanding of themselves until their mid 30s to 40s... So it is possible that their likes and dislikes have changed and their partner simply can't give them what they NEED...
Many mnay factors...
It is true though that women are more independant these days... So why stick with a creep if ya don't have to...
Besides, if they havn't divorced and unhappy, it's a 90% chance that one or both are cheating anyway... Just end the pain andleave when you KNOW things aren't right...

Oh but I want to also say that people are getting married to soon and making divorce to easy... Marriage is work and IF with the RIGHT person it is worth sticking it out...