View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 11:00 PM   #3

Christina42503 HB User
Re: Pars Defect-Birth Defect

Hello. Well, I'm 21 and also a college student. I was diagnosed as having a Pars defect and also partial spina bifida in L5. I never had pain until I was about 13 and I had a sledding accident and was in a lot of pain so they took radiographs of my back and found out about these defects which I was told were birth defects which until then I had never had any problems with. Since then I've done a lot of research on both. After my sleddin accident I had a pinched nerve and underwent a lot of physical therapy which helped a lot but after that I've always had problems with having severe back pain from simple things like sitting too long, bending over, or simply sleeping on my stomach. Since too much pressure on my L5 can cause Spondylolisthesis which can require surgery I go to physical therapy once a week to prevent further damage. I have to admit that I am a little relieved to know there are other people like me since I have never met anyone with this same problem. Well, if anyone konws af any good techniques to help with the pain please let me know. I'd appreciate it. :-) Thanks.