View Single Post
Old 08-16-2004, 05:51 PM   #4

zimnah HB User
Re: hi i'm new and confused

Rochelle: I hope you read this: Like everyone before me said, yes, dear this IS a problem. I am in my thirties, and have been cutting for nearly 20 years. It started for me much the same way. As you get older, pain gets more real. Let me explain: it was crushing when my boyfriend and I broke up before the prom. Neither of us went, and we missed a big part of our teenage years. However, that became literally nothing when I found out my husband (now EX husband, thank you very much) was spending his weekend duties (he was inthe navy) with one of his coworkers. They thought it was funny to call me after sleeping together and tell me the gory details...I still don't know why I couldn't hang up the phone. I just sat there and listened to the two of them giggle. The pain I felt increased tenfold, and the mroe pain I was in, the deeper I cut. When I finally left my ex, his final blow was to molest my eldest son. That was when I went for the vein. My son is well after 12 years of therapy...but I still have deep scars over my elbow joints, which make normal blood tests a trial, both for me and the person assigned to draw blood from me.
Stop before it gets bad. Stop now. Seek help now. It doesn't get better if you go it alone.
Take care, sweetie.