View Single Post
Old 08-27-2004, 09:33 AM   #4
Inactive

txchaz HB User
Re: adenocarcinoma of the lung

Jannyj

My heart goes out to you and your family. I have gone though this process with my father and my mother. Of course no one can predict how and when a person will pass, however there are some sure clues that death is near. My mother towards the end, she had lung brain cancer also, became very figity, could not lay still always fooling around with her covers on her bed, hands always moving. Of course she had stoped eating or drinking anything and spent more time sleeping. She finally slipped into a coma, towards the end there was a darkening of the palms of her hands and the soles of her feet. There was also a raspy sound from her lungs. It was explained to me that the lungs were filling with fluid, the hands and feet were not getting oxygen as a result. She did not linger long after this. She finally took one last breath and stopped breathing. Very peacefull quiet, I and my sister was holding her hand. I am not sure if any of this helps ans your questions. Hospice was a God sent during this time, they answeared all of the questions like what you have.

Peace be with you and your family
Chazzzzzzzzzzz