View Single Post
Old 09-10-2004, 03:05 PM   #1

nikkala HB User
multiple lung nodules

I am a 32 yo smoker who on 4/04 had a partial vulvectomy for carcinoma in situ of the vulva. Clear margins were not met however my gyn/onc has not done any further testing. at that time I also had laser of an area on the outside of the anus which showed carcinoma in situ. 5 years prior I had a hysterectomy following several bad paps and severe dysplasia of the cervix. 1 year ago was diagnosed with diverticulosis after severe pain in abdomen and ct scan of abd. Aids test neg 6 months ago. fam hist/mo died of lung can@41 grfather@68 and mat aunt lymphoma @47. 1 mnth ago I went to er with severe chest pain unable to take a deep breath, upon ct scan w/contrast multiple lung nodules were noted in the right lung largest one 6mm with slightly spiculated margin. went to pulmo took antibiotics for 2 wks went for repeat ct. which showed no differences other than another nodule on the left lung. what is the chance this could be metastatic cancer? Dr would like to follow-up in 4 months. I am apprehensive about waiting this long. I have been running a fever for about 5 wks and have had diarreah. I am not having chest pain however my chest is feeling pressure. I am also having skin ulcers on my face and neck that are not any acne I've ever had before. Also having severe night sweats. any input is greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,