View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 02:42 PM   #4

Dandylyone HB User
Re: Not Social Anxiety, what is it???

I'm no psychotherapist or anything like that, but I would say that what you do woudl be normal. I find myself have a similar problem, and I think it is due to over analasys. Women tend to over-analyze a lot! (especially me!).

Let me give you an example. I just recently started a job, and of course when you start a job you start to make friends. Well, I befriended some people the very first day. Since I dont know them that well, I sometimes found myself overanalyzing my interaction with them. "Did I not say the right thing? Man, what I just said was stupid... What do they think about me? "
Then they were short with me, or didnt say "hi" when they walked past me. Then I started overanalyzing that, and then just started avoiding them because I thought that they really didnt like me (or something crazy like that) and they were just being nice at the time.
And about calling people that you just met...well...I think everyone has the same problem. Because you dont know each other well enough to keep a coversation going.

But that is my take on everything!
Hope it helped!

Queen of Over-Analyzing