View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 07:01 AM   #4
Inactive

KateInAustralia HB User
Re: Hello all-cking in

Sandson,

I wish you luck with your nerve block today. I had one and unfortunately I didn't benefit from it, I so wished I would have, but it wasn't for me. But I didn't get to try one until I was well past the three year part, so no one had much hope (except me!), it was more a "just in case" thing as no one had tried one previously. But try and relax, concentrate on nice smooth calm breathing and think positive thoughts throughout!!

My RSD is in my right arm, fingers to neck now, so I know how you feel as its my dominant arm. Well, it used to be! I can write left handed and type one handed, but most of the time, if I can, I try and type with both hands, if only for a while. Gotta keep my fingers moving!! I was very frustrated when learning to write left handed. I had to buy Grade Two handwriting books and write stupid phrases (Bobby bought a blue balloon for example) over and over on the dotted lines! It did help, but I felt like a child. Then I tried crossword puzzles, keeping the letters inside the squares.

But mentally it feels like you are giving up a lot of your independance and your previous life, as you can't even use your dominant arm anymore. I'm having a down day today. It's partly because one of my nan's died a month ago, and now my parents have gone to england as my other nan is dying, and its kind of upsetting me. But I'm also sick of everything. Tonight I delayed taking my tablets. Some days I just want to throw them all away and not have to take them anymore, makes me feel like an old woman having my handful of meds before I can fall asleep. But at the same time, I know I'd just feel worse without them, so I reluctantly took them and once again accepted that this is all a part of my life now, like it or not.

Anyway, I'm rambling now! I'm sure tomorrow I'll feel better! Let us know how your block goes, I hope it goes well for you and you get some well needed and well deserved pain relief.

x Kate