Thread: To Patience 50
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004, 03:50 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB UserLady50 HB User
To Patience 50

Thought I would start a new thread since I was starting to get lost in the first one

My goodness if they took that much blood from me I would pass out for sure.
I had graves, took PTu, did the RAI, went back on PTU and beta blockers.Maybe since 2002 taking all that PTU got rid of the graves antibodies. Hopefully.

I had an Anti Nuclear Antibodies test done last month because I was having all kinds of muscle pains and my FNP thought it might be lupus. Come to find out it was the darn Lipitor. When I quit taking it, the pains disappeared.

I don't understand the ANA but it says that it is EQUIVOCAL. It says that equivocal and postitive results may be further investigated using ENA Screen and double standard DNA.

The FNP said something about it but I couldn't remember what she was saying. I must have been having brain fog at the time.

The results are 0.93H Ref. range is (<=0.89)

It says IMMUNOLOGY at the top. No further testing was done even though it says PENDING TESTS.

I can't make sense out of it. All I know is it is a little high. Since you are very intelligent and seem to be well educated, I thought maybe you might figure it out. If you can't that is fine too.

Well I hope you don't get any floods up there in the PA. Do you live near a
stream?