View Single Post
Old 09-17-2004, 08:08 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lisaaahubb HB User
Smile I had my dental procedure today!!!!

Hi everyone, got some catching up to do. I spent allllllllllllllllllllllll day in the dentist office. We ended up not going to denture route and went with the root canals, casts and porcelain veneers.....$14,000.00 But so, so worth it to be smiling again. It is KILLING me right now. I had 8 teeth in the front done. I told the dentist up front about my addiction. He still wanted me to take vicoden and advil, just for two days. He wants me to have someone i trust hold onto the med. and use my "support" which will be here and my NA meetings. I really don't see me having a hard time with it. I was in the "chair" from 11 this morning til 8:30 tonight!!!!! It was a very long day for me, but soooooooooooo worth it. Unfortunately tonight it is a little painful to even smile, but i am doing it anyway!!!!
Today feels like my birthday, i am reborn. To be able to smile again is beyond my believe. My husband and his family really pooled together to get us this cosmetic loan. He was really supportive today and i am greatful. I am just greatful in general. Life is good.
I gotta play some catch-up tomorrow morning.....
Hope everyone is hanging in there.
I gotta do some reading and ice my cheeks for a few....
luv,
LISA