View Single Post
Old 09-19-2004, 08:39 AM   #10

sheritap HB User
Re: Going to remove thyroid.

Do you know after they take it out what kind of meds I will be put on in the hospital? Or should I request the Armour befor I go under? What other things should I be asking about post removal? I have my second visit to the surgeon on Tuesday and I don't have the first clue of what I should ask her. And I don't want to miss anything. It is kind of like a whirl wind right know. Thursday they say it is coming out, set the date for 9-27 I have read alot about this on the posts but I have not talked to any one yet. I feellike I can ask the surgeon anything since I liked he in our first meeting but I don't know what questions to ask. From what I have read here I will only be in the hospital for 1-3 days(hope 1) I can go back to work soon and should not talk for a couple of days. How long until I feel better? How long until I lose weight? What meds should I ask about? Thanks for any advice. I am going to the store to get meals to pre cook for the family so my husband and kids don't starve....