View Single Post
Old 09-23-2004, 05:48 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

joebloggs2 HB Userjoebloggs2 HB User
Testicular cancer? I've had this for 5+ years now..

This is going to sound like a joke, yes I am very stupid for what happened, but it's serious.

I woke up one day and my scrotum ached, I didn't think much of it at the time, the pain went away after a few minutes, the next day I checked down there and I noticed that my right testicle was a little bigger than my left. I was pretty young when that happened, 13-14 years old, I didn't think it was anything serious so I didn't do anything about it. I had just started masterbating then and I thought that's what caused it and I was too embarrased to say anything because I didn't want my parents to know I masterbate (I thought it wasn't normal). so after a few days the ache was all gone, it was still noticably bigger but I could do everything fine, pee, masterbate, and so on.

I don't remember exactly what I did about it, I remember that maybe 6 months to a year after that I found out that it could be cancer and I got very very depressed and was pretty sure I would one day sleep and never wake up (I didn't even know how cancer killed or how it worked).. and everywhere I read it said "curable if detected early" and I knew I was late, but I thought 6 months-1 year was very very late and that it was uncurable now, but I knew it was my fault for not saying anything soon and I just left it and after a while I just got really angry and did not mind dying, I was pretty much just waiting for it.

so that was about 5 years ago, right now it is noticably bigger but I don't know if there are any lumps, I don't know how a normal testicle is supposed to feel like because I was too young when it happened, I don't know if my right one grew or my left one shrank, but my left one seems awfully small now that I think about it.... my right one is hard, I can't press on it, it hurts. sometimes I see a lot of veins on my left one (like a verocele or whatever that is)..

what do you guys think? is it cancer? if it was, wouldn't the tumor have grown very large by now? I don't have any side effects, very major depression, always extremely tired. That's it. So if it is it probably did not spread? I don't feel anything rock hard that feels like a lump on any of my testicles.

I should be going to the doctor as soon as I find one.

oh and I have a swollen lymp node on the left side of my abdomen, it has been there for as long as I can remember, it's hard but it's not painful, and it doesn't grow, it's been the same size since I had it.

Last edited by joebloggs2; 09-23-2004 at 05:50 PM.