View Single Post
Old 10-13-2004, 10:31 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

beachgirl01 HB User
Re: need your support

Hi Mel,
My 1 year anniversary is on December 15th of this year, for quitting of course. I also smoked for almost 10 years. I went on wellbutrin as well. My boyfriend and I did it together. We took the recommended dosages and gave it 2 weeks to buildup in our systems. We set a quit date for 2 weeks after we first started taking it. For the first couple of days everything was normal, we still smoked as much as we normally would but after those couple of days we really cut back, without even really noticing. It was not as tough as you would expect it to be. We did work hard at it though and we had each other which made a world of difference. We kept telling each other to hold off for another hour, then that hour would pass and it didn't matter as much. Everyday does get better. You need to set a specific quit date and stick to it. I didn't want to but I don't think I would have gone through with it, without having a quit date. I would definitly give yourself 2-3 weeks at most to still smoke. Trust me you won't want to smoke much at all but it is important that it builds up in your system so give yourself the time. You have to do this the right way or it's not worth it. Make sure that you keep taking it after you quite. I think I had to take mine for 8 weeks or something close to that. I wish you the absolute best of luck, you will feel like a million bucks and you will be so proud of yourself. GOOD LUCK If you need any support or you have any questions just let me know. Kristy.