View Single Post
Old 10-19-2004, 12:34 PM   #4

Hope12 HB User
Re: Tramadol Question On Dosage

Hi CA-
Here's my take on your situation,as Ultram was my doc for a very long time,and I would take Vicoden to keep the withdrawals away until I could get more Ultrams.Essentially,taking the Ultrams is not going to make the actual detox any easier,you're just replacing one drug with another.And just because Ultram isn't a true opioid,it still acts on the same receptors and does the same thing as most of your other narcotics.As far as the dosage,15-20 a day is pretty high,and you definitely have added the risk of seizures to the list with the Ultram.There is no predicting a seizure,you may have warning signs,but usually there aren't any,and the next thing you know your coming back to consciousness under the lights of an emergency room.Keep in mind that this could occur at home,or behind the wheel of a car.My habit on Ultrams soared to 50/day,and even though I didn't have any grand mal seizures,I started accumulating quite a bit of memory loss and blackouts i.e. I'd be watching TV one minute and the next minute I looked up it would be 3 hours later-very scary,almost like seizures without the shaking involved.1mg of Klonopin will not stave off a seizure from tramadol doses in the range that you're taking.Please be very careful,and what exactly is your plan for detoxing? Have you thought about getting prescribed meds you can take at home for detox?After quite a few attempts at inpatient detox,I finally successfully detox'd/stayed clean doing it at home with meds from my MD.Take care,and let me know what's happening,I'll be very happy to help/answer any questions I can.

Peace,Stacie