View Single Post
Old 10-24-2004, 07:02 PM   #20

cbedi HB User
Re: Worth Reading for IBS'ers

I read a great book, What your doctor may not tell you about IBS by Richard N Ash, MD and then went to visit a nautropath dr. She took an hour and a half to question me, my symptoms, my diet and prescribe a path to a healthier life. I had already cut dairy out of me diet as that was an obvious trigger for me. Now I have cut out gluten, caffiene and alcohol for a two week period detox. I am already feeling the difference. A blood test is available to determine food allergies, but was to costly for me at this time. The other recommendations the doctor gave to me were to: drink herbal teas (fresh, green leaf) at least 3 times a day, peppermint or camomile, at least 8 glasses of water a day, acidolphlus - one tsp a day, and to massage my stomach with a peppermint oil mixed into nivea (or a similar based lotion) for 5 mintues a day, in a clockwise circular motion. Now, you symptoms might be triggered by something else, but you can take steps to change this. I have a friend who refused to change her diet and give up her favorite foods for two weeks. If we take control, we can get better. Research and take action.

Last edited by cbedi; 10-24-2004 at 07:03 PM.