View Single Post
Old 10-26-2004, 07:22 AM   #1
(female)

lorieann33 HB User
Question Hospital for Special surgeries

Hello everyone...I have an appointment to be seen by a Neuroloigist January 15th at the Rehab clinic at the Hospital for Special surgeries.
Just wondering if anyone out there knows anything about this place (in Manhattan) (nyc) I would appreciate hearing your experiences with this place.

This is actually my third attempt at getting a diagnosis...I have seen two docs and gotten two different diagnosis and I still havent recieved any relief for my pain (one doc perscribed celebrex which i had a horrible reaction to and one doc had me fitted for a milwaulkee brace)
one said that my ribs are rotating and he said in five years if left untreated i would be needing assistance with breathing...the other said that guy was crazy and gave me xrays and told me that i was fine.

i'm just surprised that they could both be so opposite each other and I am only looking for pain relief.

I am tired of hurting all the time...and it has definitely cut into my normal routine(cant sit too long cant stand too long hurts walking distances...)
I am 33 years old and have five children.
The second doc gave me a diagnosis of shumermanns disease...and the first said it was scoliosis....i dont know what to do in the meanwhile...January is a long way off and it hurts so much i am in tears just sitting here....

any info you can give about HSS i would apperciate.

thanks
Lorieann in Brooklyn