Thread: Weight Gain
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 08:50 AM   #2
Inactive

Jack51 HB User
Re: Weight Gain

Lenin, I take LSD occasionally to increase my metabolism....

It has no effect no effect no effect, except for a purple haze cast over my glare glare glare...

LOL, justa kidding witch ya. This is a serious problem for many of us I believe. I am 5' 11" and weigh between 193 and 198. 198 before I go to bed and 193 when I get up. I think that I need to start sleeping longer... I am trying like heck to lose weight and prevent a diagnoses of T2 diabetes. I am close now. I limp for 3 miles per day on the treadmill. Hadn't had a sweet in years. I use and love splenda. Carbs are my weakness, but I have drastically reduced them, and added more protein. My age and genes have some role in my failure to lose weight (decreasing metabolism). I am almost 52. I am determined to get to 180, no matter what it takes!

My wife has the metabolism of a snake. She has the naturally skinny genes. She eats like a horse and is 5' 4" and weighs 120 lbs. She has a family history of high BP and it finally hit her about 2 months ago. She is taking atenolol 50 mg. I will tell you if she starts to gain weight, lol.

Hang in there. You can do it. Hey, try to find a copy of First, the December issue. My wife gets it and that issue has some great diet and nutrition information, It's NEW science, it seems. (hope I didn't break a posting rule with the mention of the mag, pardon me if I did please).

Good luck and don't forget to exercise. It increases metabolism (and appetite, lol).

Jack