View Single Post
Old 08-07-2003, 11:19 PM   #2

runninggal HB User
I had a hemorrhoidectomy (internal and external), a fissurectomy and sphincterotomy in early May. Due to complications, I had to have another surgery 10 days later to do major repairs. I spent 5 days in the hospital and endured post-operative pain that was off-the-charts. I thought I had a high tolerance for pain. I had delivered 3 babies with no pain medication. Without a doubt, the hemorrhoidectomy was the most horrific pain I have ever experienced. My recovery was a rollercoaster ride. I was incontinent (fecal) for the first 2 weeks after surgery, couldn't urinate without being in a tub of warm water and having a BM was a nightmare. I had to do Lamaze breathing just to get through it. Gradually, I was able to urinate out of the tub, but I had to stand up. I thought my life would never go back to normal.
Fast forward 3 months to today... I am no longer in pain. I have a bm without fear and dread. I urinate sitting down. Basically, I have my life back. I went for a 3 month follow-up with my colo-rectal surgeron and I am completely healed.
Don't dispair, Tammy. I have been where you are and now I can look back and it seems like a distant nightmare that keeps getting foggier. You will continue to heal and you will get your life back too.

The Following User Says Thank You to runninggal For This Useful Post:
KNKN (03-22-2012)