View Single Post
Old 08-05-2003, 08:40 AM   #1

nova76 HB User
Post please help me understand HPV

Okay, now I am more confused than ever. I posted another thread about a cervical lesion and HPV. The person who responded (thank you) said that HPV can also be transmitted orally. I have tried to find out more about this, but can't. Here's my ?: (sorry it this is too much info, but I don't know how else to ask). First, my gyn thinks I have dysplasia, but I won't know for sure until next week (although the LEEP is already set-up). I have never been with anyone in anyway other than my husband, and we met in our early 20's. He had a girlfriend in highschool. They did have oral sex, but nothing else, and it was the first time for both of them. My ? is, could he have gotten the HPV virus from her even though neither one had been with anyone else (okay, I know it's possible that she could have lied to him about that, but let's just say she didn't) and then passed it along to me? I am just so confused and scared about all of this, and I can't find an answer anywhere. Does anyone know a good website where I could find an answer about this? Thank you so much.