View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 11:31 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: Overeating

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS289
I am trying to gain weight, but I don't want to do it by overeating when I get home at 1am, you know? I am doing a good job of adding calories and fat to my normal meals and snacks, but it still bothers me if I eat too much or feel like I "binge" or at least eat out of control.
The mangos and strawberries were dried - very sweet, high in sugar, and high in calories. And the nuts were high in calories, too, obviously. It makes me feel disgusting.
I couldn't really sleep very well last night because I was so anxious about eating all that. I feel like I need to go on a long run today to make up for it...
I don't know what to say to ya, but you NEED fat, fat is not disgusting or shameful. I guess some people can't stand ANY fat and unfortunately, it's something we all need to be healthy and function properly. Now TOO much fat would cause me to have anxiety too, but your actually below your healthy weight and that is NOT healthy. You don't want to be underweight cause then your probably cold all the time, low of energy, and so forth. It's very unhealthy to be very underweight, especially for your organs etc. Some fat is essential and I'm sure your body could use some more fat at your height and weight.