View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 08:45 AM   #1
(female)

maggiekitty HB User
Cancer phobia Please help!!

Hi everyone. I am new to this board and feel like I know everyone. My phobia started 6 yrs ago when I lost my mother and mother-in-law within 8 months of each other. They both died of cancer. So, can you guess what my phobia is? You got it Cancer!! I am convinced with every ache and pain that I have cancer. It totally stinks. It's been really bad since I turned 40 last year. I have had a new ailment every week I swear. Right now my abdomen is sore and I just finished my period which was lighter than normal. Now, in reality, I'm thinking that my period was lighter because I had been taking alot of Motrin and muscle relaxers for a back injury and my abs hurt because I just had my period and am now ovulating. But, in non-reality world, I think I have abdominal cancer or ovarian cancer. Also, the bone on my right leg between my knee and ankle is sore in a couple of spots. Now I think I have bone cancer. This is driving me (and everyone else) crazy. I also look at my two kids ages 6 and 4 and wonder if they will be okay if something really does happen to me. This is a horrible way to live. Now, if you were me and had these symptoms, would you think you had cancer? Please someone give me some help. I'm getting desperate. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to maggiekitty For This Useful Post:
jordan07win (01-01-2012)