Thread: Shedding???
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 10:16 AM   #2

unlucky_guy HB User
Re: Shedding???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kierstyn_04
I am curious to know what everyone knows about Asymptomatic shedding or shedding, not sure the name of it. I have one friend who also has H and she said that her and her husband have been having sex for 3 years and she still has not passed it to him, they just simply avoid sex durring an OB. She seems to think that if you have OB and you know your symptoms of a OB, that you dont shed like someone who doesnt get OB and doesnt know or have symptoms of a OB. So I am curious what everyone thinks about shedding. My dr says you shed the day before the OB or as soon as symptoms start, durring the OB and about a day or two after the OB has cleared up, you should be fine. Has anyone heard anything different? Any info is appreciated.
Thats not exactly true. Practically everyone sheds the virus asymptotically. And the rule of thumb is the more outbreaks you have, the more frequently you are probably shedding the virus. In general, though, the virus is shed asymptotically around 5-8% of the time...meaning in a given year, you shed the virus asymptotically between 18 and 30 days.

Last edited by unlucky_guy; 02-11-2005 at 10:20 AM.