View Single Post
Old 02-20-2005, 04:25 AM   #1
(male)

concerned_male HB User
Cold sores all over face

Years ago, when I was 10 yrs old and into my late teens, I used to get HSV1 breakouts on my chin. I would feel the typical tingling and then blisters would form, ooze, and then scab over. Maybe around 18 or 19 yrs old they abrupted stopped and I was very thankful for that.
Maybe 8 months ago, during a pretty stressful time in my life, the cold sore on my chin broke out again (I'm 26 now) and went through the typical cycle. And as of 4 days ago I am suffering from those same little blisters that are now all over my face. It started with tingling around the sides of my nose/cheek area which erupted with red blisters. They itched and began seeping a yellowy crust which would be caked on my face after I woke up from sleeping during the night. Now the blisters have spread to my forehead, my lip and my chin and I'm not sure what to do. I have a doctor's appointment for this Friday but I'm scared, uncomfortable, hideous-looking, and I'm afriad that I will spread the outbreak to my genials on accident (just by using the bathroom, showering, etc.)
Has anyone ever heard of such a widespread breakout like this? I've been trying to clean my face as carefully and as best as possible but it's hard to do. I just want to shrivel up and die.

The following user gives a hug of support to concerned_male:
WILDBEAR57 (05-18-2011)