View Single Post
Old 02-20-2005, 08:10 AM   #1
(female)

sherbear24 HB User
How to get an acurate average of bp's?

Okay, because I am new to the possibility of hbp I have a lot of questions. My doctor really thinks it is white-coat due to anxiety because life right now is very stressful. Anyway, I know I have posted a lot of similar questions pertaining to this issue, but I was wondering if someone could explain how to get a accurate bp average when taking it at home. My doctor suggested to take it only once in the mornings on Mondays, but I think I would feel better if I monitored it more often. How often do I need to take it during the day and how many days a week for an accurate average? What time a day is usually best? I have been taking it once a day at different times each day and I am not sure if that is the correct way. My readings at home 98% if the time are really good readings. My highest at home has been 135/82 and that has only been once or twice. Typically my readings are anywhere between 99/69-115/72. Any help or advice is really appreciated. I just want to be sure it is white-coat and not hbp. At the doctors office it has been 150/100, but I am always extremely nervous to the point I feel really nauseous.