View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 04:23 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User
I don't want to have surgery

I'm looking for encouragement from women who have herpes and have delivered vaginally.

I am 20 years old and contracted GH when I was 16. I always had a hard time dealing with and accepting it because I got it without even having sex. It took a toll on my relationship with my mother because she never believed my story and still doesn't. Now, I am 7.5 months pregnant and am worried about having a C-section. Having GH has already tortured me in several ways and the last thing I wanted out of it was a major surgery. My pregnancy has brought on constant reoccuring outbreaks and I am yet to take Valtrex for them. I have been trying to stay natural throughout these nine months. If I chose to have a C-section, will they make me start taking it anyway? I'd rather not have one though and am wondering how possible it is since I've had problems with them all through this pregnancy. Anyone deliver vaginally with no problems? Anyone have a c-section and still have to take medication? Has Valtrex been proven safe for unborn babies? TY