Thread: meds question
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005, 12:46 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Haw'nCarl HB User
Re: meds question

Aloha,

Pleeeaase...don't get me started. Reading posts about people being pain free the day after a major surgery really sets me off. Although I am sure some people are able to do this (not!), I believe that it is extremely rare. Although I have read a couple of posts from people who have claimed that they were pain free and were able to stop taking pain meds after only a week or two after surgery, I have found that the overwhelming majority of posts are like your post. We all wonder and worry that if we take prescription pain meds for more than a week, we will become addicted or be considered an addict. This is ludicrous and usually is never the case. I am still taking pain meds and I am over one year post op. I guess one could say that I am dependant on the meds, but I am not abusing them. Everyone is different, I would not stress out about this, your body will let you know if and when it is time to taper off of the meds. Donít use you name sake and rush your body, you only have one, let it heal in itís time table, not your minds timetable or someone elseís timetable, you will know, good luck.

HíC

P.S. I hope I didn't get to far off center here, I may have lit another tinderbox