View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 09:05 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

frustrated35 HB User
Re: How do I maintain what I've accomplished?

Bluehen or anyone wants to give advice....here's what I've been eating since we found out my resting metabolic rate was 1520 on Feb 15th.

Please keep in mind that I have cut out most dairy. My body just can't handle it and I'm not going to take a pill everytime I think I might eat something that might upset my tummy. I've actually noticed a hugh difference since I'm not eating yogurt, milk and limited my cheese intake. No bloated tummy and no nausea. I do drink Soy and like it. Go figure. I'm also a very picky eater and have been all my life, so if I'm leaving some foods out it's probably because I don't like it. Although, I use to hate tuna, salmon and fish and now I'm eating it and like it. Maybe because I have to, so any foods you see that I'm not eating, please let me know and I will at least try it again.

Breakfast: Eggo Waffle or Pancake (no syrup!), 3-4 egg whites & 1 cup of Strawberries. Alternative: 2 cups of Kelloggs Corn Flakes with Soy Milk, 1 med pear. Alternative: 2 egg whites scrambled wrapped up in a 10" whole wheat tortilla and an apple or some kind of fruit.

Lunch: Turkey Sandwich on whole wheat bread, pretzels, and an apple. Alternative: use a 10 whole wheat flour tortilla instead of the bread. Alternative: instead of lunch meat, tuna in a wrap (no mayo) instead, I use FF Ranch and put in a boiled egg white (no yolks), celery & grapes. Or a salad with tuna in it adding maybe cucumber, grapes, pear, celery, carrots using Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, strawberries.

Dinner: Grilled or baked Chicken, 1 cup white long grain rice, side salad, steamed broccoli and some kind of fruit. Alternative: Chicken wrap (10 whole wheat tortilla, 1 cup long grain rice, steamed broccoli.

No sodas and I limited my alcohol consumption drastically (1-2 bud lights only on my cheat day). I know I drink plenty of water because I'm peeing all the time and I like ice tea (no sweetner). For snacks, I'm hooked on granola bars, pretzels and anykind of fruit.

Sorry so long! I'm off tomorrow and traveling next Monday through Thursday, but do have a laptop that travels with me. Thanks!

Last edited by frustrated35; 03-24-2005 at 09:58 PM. Reason: error