View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 03:26 PM   #1
(male)

gschwendt HB User
Few Questions from a Newbie

I just have three fairly simple questions regarding my diet and my intent to lose about 20-25lbs. First Ill start off with my stats. Im 25, Im 6' 210lbs. I workout 2-3 times a week, always involves pecs, and arms and usually includes 10-20 minutes on an exercise bike at a brisk pace. Now onto my questions.

1.) As stated, Im looking to lose a small amount of weight. Right now my diet is quite sad, typically fast food for lunch and 2-3 times a week for dinner. My new gameplan is to simply only eat one large meal per day. Essentially keep my fast food diet, because its something I can stick to. Since portions are more than large enough, just simply eat the one meal and small snacks throughout the rest of the day/evening. My question is how much damage will this do to me in the near and longterm future.

2.) Do Diet Sodas have any ill effects. Again, my diet is poor, but I do drink several (3-4) sodas per day. About 3 months ago I went strictly to Diet Sodas; Diet Mt Dew Code Red, Diet Chery Coke, Diet Rootbeer, Diet Dr. Pepper, all lacking the typical diet aftertaste. Again, would drinking these, especially considering the amount, have any ill-effects on me.

3.) My final question is regarding my workout. As stated, I workout 2-3 times a week, mostly weight training. Originally I started my workout doing 100 reps chest press broken down into 3 sets of 10 100 lb reps (30) and 3 more sets of 23 at 80, 70, and 60lbs.
My new gameplan is to actually do more reps at a much lower weight. I am wondering if a routine of 5 sets of 50 at 50lbs might not be better suited. My desired result are long/lean muscles rather than large bulk. Ive never worked with a trainer so I dont have any true given knowledge, just from my own personal research and "word-of-mouth" information.

I hope I didnt step too much across the line of being an annoying newbie. Im sure 90% of new people ask one question and then go away but just wonderng if the knowledgable people out there cant give me a bit of assistance.

Last edited by gschwendt; 03-29-2005 at 03:29 PM.