View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 01:56 PM   #2
(female)

tip2mol HB User
Re: new to board - fighting a meniere's battle

Hi Tretina,

I also suffer from Meniere's disease and an allergic condition. I am unable to work due to the severity of the symptoms. I have some good days which I treasure and then some horrible days which I just try to cope with.
I am now awaiting our new insurance to kick in so I can start looking into the process of getting the Meniette device. They won't let us post websites here, but look it up and it will tell all about it. I think over 1/2 of the people who use it have good results in that it helps with the pressure in the affected ear and also with the vertigo. The vertigo is what gets me down so badly. I am always off balance but am learning to compensate for it. There is also a wonderful Meniere's talk forum you might want to seach for, once again can't post it here though! I know how frustrating this disease is, especially with having children and trying to make life somewhat normal for them. Due to the unpredictability and severity of my attacks, I can no longer drive without another adult being with me for safety reasons.

I wish you the best and hope that you will find something soon that will help you.