View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 06:06 PM   #2
(female)

MelissaNC HB User
Re: Spring has sprung...and so has my asthma!

Rain, I was just diagnosed with asthma earlier this week, though I've had the symptoms before (just not nearly that bad). I've noticed that each year my allergies get worse and worse, and now almost everytime I go outside I start getting tight. It has rained (lightly) here all day, and I've actually gotten a little relief...I'm guessing that the rain is keeping the pollen matted down instead of letting it fly around in the air. Sorry I can't help you with your questions...I'm still trying to figure all of this out myself. I know that I don't have A/C in my home right now, either (our central air conked out and we've got to get a repairman out soon), and my doctor told me to ''stay indoors, don't go out, and use the air conditioner to filter the air''. I can't use the A/C right now, and I can't keep the windows closed on hot days, so we're just going to have to figure out something else. Another thing is that I have planted my yard really beautifully with all kinds of flowers, and I'm not going to miss out on them. I honestly don't think that they are the cause anyway...I can sniff one and it doesn't bother me. I think mine is more of the tree pollens than anything. I can't stand the idea of staying indoors all the time, either. If I have to use my inhaler more often, then I guess that's what I'll be doing. Hopefully the Singulair he gave me yesterday will help with it all... Good luck on getting yours under control. Mine is acting up a good bit right now, but I've also got pneumonia, so it's going to.

Melissa