View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 12:10 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

CFD 333 HB User
Re: If anyone needs help, I am here.

Lodoka, I agree totally with the research that presents a major Th1/Th2 shift in patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. When I look back, about 8-9 years ago I started developing terrible allergies to just about everything under the sun when previously I didn't have any problems. I remember at the time being under a lot of stress and my anxiety was getting out of control...I was in college and having a difficult time keeping up. I was ok for a long time after that until I was finally hit with a flu that I never recovered from about a year and a half ago. Since that time I've noticed that I never again had a single cold or flu although my allergies are worse than ever and I keep getting sinus infections which are most likely bacterial in origin.

My other major problem besides the usual fatigue, post-exertional malaise, and anxiety is my inability to tolerate medications like I once did. My bodies ability to metabolize them, I guess, is impaired. I heard that this could be due to free radical damage to the liver caused by an overactive immune system...infact, I beleive the current thinking by researchers such as Kenny De Meirleir is that immune system deregulation by the RNase L pathway could be responsible for nearly ALL the symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The most specific treatment for this in the works is the drug Ampligen which is still awaiting FDA approval. However, he also discussed certain other currently available medications that may also help like beta lactam antibiotics, calcium channel blockers, and elastase inhibitors...have you seen or heard about any of this research? What treatments do you know of that may be helpful besides Garlic or Vitamin C? Lets see if we can work together on this...