View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 01:03 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

orangecrate HB User
Re: Post-surgical pain

Had mine out on Thurs. the 7th. It is late Sat. afternoon and I just felt like I could sit at the computer to check out the other surgeries this week. I was at the hospital a total of 9hrs. The first night was so bad trying to get out of bed to go pee!!! I don't know how many times I was up. Husband had to help me sit up, then I was okay getting out of bed. Last night I slept in a recliner and only had to get up once and had no problem. But there is a lot more pain then I ever thought there would be. Have been walking around a lot to get rid of shoulder pain. Yesterday at one point I just sat and cried it hurt so bad but then went away. Only have 5 pain pills left. Took 3 of mine for today by noon so have to wait until tonight until I can take another. Don't even remember taking the 3. Took 1 at 6:00a.m. but thats the only one I remember. Feeling much better this afternoon. Took a shower and got off most of the iodine or what ever that was. I had one spot that was like an egg sticking out but now that has gone down. I think that was the area that was hurting so bad yesterday. I think I will be able to sleep in bed tonight if I can get up from the prone position. Hope everyone else is doing okay.