View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 02:40 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User
Re: What is going on???

No advice for you other than hang in there. My doc didn't want to talk about meds for nausea until I'd reached week 15...because it's normal. Mine tapered at 14 weeks, so I ended up not needing anything. I know it's not what you want to hear...I didn't like hearing it either...but it did go away. Mine went away all of a sudden...I didn't gradually get better a little each day.

I still have bouts of nausea once in a great while (about 1-2 times a week), but it lasts only a couple hours instead of all day, every day.

I don't have kids to take care of other than the one inside me, but I really sympathize with the sickness. I was similar. I could only drink 7-up...everything else...even water...even the THOUGHT of drinking anything else...made me queasy. I used to love orange juice before pregnancy, and even though I'm past the sickness now, I still gag a bit at the thought of oj. I couldn't even get water in my mouth while in the shower or I'd gag...and the smell of every shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion & perfume made me sick. I had to buy the most neutral/nothing smelling shower/bath products I could find just so I could shower.

I'm right there with Dazedandconfused on having trouble in the grocery store. Oh my gosh...there was 1 day I was looking at the spaghetti sauces and got so nauseous & dizzy, I had to sit on the shelf ledge in the grocery store until it passed. Just looking at food packaging in the store made me ill.

Cleaning products made me gag.
Other people's perfume made me gag.
Brushing my teeth made me gag.
Doing laundry, or my husband doing laundry made me gag (the laundry soap).
Putting gasoline in my car made me gag.
Sharpie marker smell made me gag.
Cigarette smoke makes me SERIOUSLY gag still...and I can smell it a mile away. Go figure...I smoked for 10 years before I found out I was pregnant.
Nice smelly candles made me gag.
Rinsing dirty dishes made me gag.

Ugh. All I can say is you are not alone. Take care.
Gayle